BINDING RENTAL AGREEMENT for LOW SPEED VEHICLES AND E-BIKES
(Please read carefully before renting any vehicles)
In consideration for the rental of the LSV and/or E-Bike provided by Shore Rides, I agree to the following conditions. In the event that I violate any of the following conditions, I agree and understand that further use of the LSV and/or E-Bike may be revoked immediately and without notice:
- I promise to return the LSV and/or E-Bike to the location provided immediately upon completion of the rental period in as good condition as I received the same, normal wear and tear excepted. I will operate the LSV and/or E-Bike safely and responsibly, and I will preserve and protect the LSV and/or E-Bike from loss or damage to the vehicle and/or bike itself, my person or property, and the persons or property of others. I agree and understand that failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement shall result in a forfeiture of my rental fees and deposit. I agree to be legally and financially liable for all costs of repairs to the LSV and/or E-Bike and for the loss, damage and/or injuries to my person or property and the persons or property of others regardless of fault. I agree to reimburse Shore Rides Rentals for such unrecovered costs, including but not limited to deductibles and any uninsured losses.
- I agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Shore Rides, its agents, servants, employees and representatives, for any and all damages, demands, suits and claims of any nature whatsoever, including attorney’s fees and costs, that may arise from the use of said LSV and/or E-Bike during the time of the rental period, including but not limited to claims for damages to the LSV and/or E-Bike itself, my person and property and the persons and property of others.
- I agree to become familiar with the operation and use of said LSV, to read the “LOW SPEED VEHICLE INFORMATION SHEET” and any other instructions provided to me regarding LSV , and to operate the LSV in accordance with said instructions. I agree to contact Shore Rides if I have any questions or concerns about operating the LSV and/or E-Bike or if my guests or I have caused any damage to the LSV and/or E-Bike or others through the use of the LSV and/or E-Bike. I agree to be held responsible for charging the vehicle and/or bike during the rental period and understand there will be no refund for driving the unit until the battery is dead due to my failure to charge the batter during the term of the rental. I understand that if the vehicle and/or bike is driven until the battery has no life and the vehicle and/or bike has to be trailered back to Shore Rides, I shall be solely responsible for all trailering fees. I agree to examine and inspect the safety and mechanical condition of the LSV and/or E-Bike before use and will reporting any concerns or problems before driving the vehicle.
- I agree to pay replacement and/or repair cost at retail value in the event that the Cart (Low Speed Vehicle) LSV and/or E-Bike, including and equipment associated with or related thereto, is lost, damaged, or stolen during the terms of this Binding Rental Agreement. I agree to reimburse Shore Rides for any lost rent or rentals during the repair of such damage that occurred as a result of my negligence during the terms of my contract. I further agree to notify Shore Rides by telephone (215.740.8327) one hour prior to returning the LSV Rental so that an Inspection may be conducted by Shore Rides on the LSV and/or E-Bike to determine any damages that may have occurred during the rental period.
- I agree that only persons who are 25 years or older, possess a valid driver’s license and insurance as required by law shall be permitted to drive the LSV. I further agree that the maximum occupancy of the golf cart is four persons, including children or 6 persons for the larger LSV. I agree to keep rented vehicle on roadways of 25 mph and below. I also agree not cross over any bay or inlet bridge that will take the LSV off the island from which it is rented. The LSV must stay on the barrier island from which it was delivered at the beginning of the rental period. If you need the LSV in another island, we can have a trailer take the LSV over at an expense of $100, but must be prearranged at least 24 hours prior to the movement. It is against the law to drive the LSV across any causeway or barrier island bridge.
- I agree the privilege of using the LSV and/or E-Bike can be revoked without notice by Shore Rides, in its sole discretion, for any violation of this agreement. I further agree I shall not be entitled any rental refund or deposit for such revocation.
- I understand that if the LSV and/or E-Bike should become inoperable through no fault of mine, Shore Rides will take reasonable steps to have the vehicle and/or bike repaired and will contact Shore Rides immediately. In the event the LSV and/or E-Bike cannot be repaired or replaced, a refund will be issued towards the unused rental agreement period.
- I understand that LSV’s and E-Bikes are subject to the same laws and regulations pertaining to motor vehicles and therefore agree that the LSV and/or E-Bike shall be operated in accordance with the laws of the State of NEW JERSEY and the local municipal laws, including but not limited to obeying stop signs and traffic signals and the requirement that persons driving the LSV and/or E-Bike must not be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana and/or illegal drugs. I further agree that I personally will be responsible for all moving and/or parking violations issued while it is in my possession, under my control, or at any time during the rental period of the LSV. I agree that I will not operate the LSV and/or E-Bike in the surf or sand or allow salt water to come in contact with mechanical or electrical components. I further agree that I have reviewed and made myself familiar with the Low Speed Vehicles Laws of NJ that are published at http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/LowSpeed.htm.
- I understand that when riding an E-Bike I must wear a helmet; ride on the proper side of the road (meaning with traffic, not against it); make eye contact with other drivers, especially at intersections; and that there will no passengers (meaning single riders only). I further understand and agreed that I will operate the E-Bike only during the daytime (meaning between dawn and sunset) and that I am prohibited from riding at night.
- If renting an LSV, I understand that any child under the age of 8 and/or less than 57 inches tall shall be secured as following in the rear seat of the vehicle:
- A child under the age of 2 and 30 pounds shall be secured in a rear-facing seat equipped with a 5-point harness.
- A child under the age of 4 years and 40 pounds shall be secured as described in (a) above until they reach the upper limits of the rear-facing seat, then in a forward-facing child restraint equipped with a 5-point harness.
- A child under the age of 8 and a height of 57 inches shall be secured as described in (a) or (b) above until they reach the upper limits of the rear-facing or forward-facing seat, then in a belt-positioning booster seat.
- A child over 8 years of age or 57 inches in height must be properly secured by a seat belt.
By my signature below, I certify that I understand and agree to all of the conditions set forth in the Shore Rides Binding Rental Agreement for Low Speed Vehicles and E-Bikes and LSV Information Sheet. I acknowledge that I have signed these documents voluntarily and freely and that my signature creates a contractual obligation that binds me, my guests and all passengers.
I AGREE TO RETURN MY RENTAL BEFORE 11 AM ON THE DATE AGREED UPON AND THAT SHOULD I FAIL TO DO SO, SHORE RIDES WILL CHARGE ME A MINIMUM OF $50 PER HOUR FOR KEEPING AN EMPLOYEE WAITING FOR ME TO RETURN OR $100 IN THE EVENT MY CART IS PICKED UP BY SHORE RIDE RENTALS AFTER THE DESIGNATED RETURN TIME.